What is a Minute Book?
Every corporation is required by law to maintain corporate records. The collection of corporate records is referred to as the company's "minute book". The minute book must be maintained at all times during the existence of this corporation.
The corporate records include:
- Articles of incorporation and amendments, if applicable
- The by-laws and amendments, if applicable
- A copy of any unanimous shareholder agreement, if applicable
- Minutes of meetings and resolutions of both directors and shareholders
- Shareholder registers and ledgers
- Director and Officers Registers
- Certain accounting records
- Share certificates (if applicable)