Benefits of trademark registration
What are the benefits of registering my trademark?
Registering your trademark entitles you to exclusively use the trademark in Canada in association with your products and/or services for 10 years, which can then be renewed. Here are some of the main advantages of having a registered trademark:
- Others cannot use confusingly similar trademarks;
- You can use all the remedies available under the Trademarks Act to assert your rights against others infringing your trademark;
- You will have nationwide protection across Canada;
- It will be easier to license your trademark rights to others;
- It will be easier to register a domain name;
- You will have greater protection against imported and exported counterfeit products.
If you would like to register a trademark for your business, click here.